Episode 50

SHAREESA'S ANSWERING MACHINE - Sorry but I am not in, please leave a mess...

(click)

(XAVIER hangs up.)

XAVIER thinks - I can't do this on an answering machine. As a matter of fact, I can't do this over the phone. I need to speak to Shareesa face to face.

(XAVIER walks into his bathroom and stares at himself in the mirror.)

XAVIER thinks - Okay, what should I say?

XAVIER - Shareesa, I realize that this is a very awkward situation. Believe me, I never knew I would be here. But I can't help the way that I feel about you. I love Gregg like a brother. But I want to be with you.

(silence)

XAVIER - Gregg...Gregg, um. I need to talk to you. See, the thing is...

(XAVIER looks away.)

XAVIER - Um...I kinda fell in love with...Shareesa. Wait! Wait! Think about it bruh, you were never faithful! You always had like five girls on the side and she got fed up and so did I!

XAVIER thinks - Dag!

(silence)

XAVIER - Shareesa, I can understand Gregg being upset. I mean, I would too. But I think this is a situation that we can work out. Definitely. So are you with me?

(XAVIER walks from the bathroom into his bedroom. He sits on the bed.)

XAVIER thinks - Lord, what do you want me to do?

(XAVIER closes his eyes.)

XAVIER - Father, speak to my heart. I don't want to hurt my brother, but I think this is the person for me. Please help this confused soul. Show me a sign. Help me Lord.

(XAVIER looks up and looks around. He looks at the phone.)

XAVIER - I see you don't work to our time tables huh Lord?

(XAVIER laughs to himself as he gets up and grabs his jacket.)

XAVIER thinks - The Lord helps those who help themselves.

(XAVIER grabs his keys and walks out the door.)

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

(There is a knock on SHAREESA's door.)

SHAREESA thinks - Man, I haven't been home for three minutes and already people are knocking! Sheesh!

(There is another knock.)

SHAREESA - Coming!

SHAREESA thinks - Who the heck is this anyway?

(SHAREESA looks through the peephole.)

SHAREESA - What in the world...

(SHAREESA opens the door.)

GREGG - Don't say a word. Just take these and go inside and sit down.

(GREGG hands SHAREESA a bunch of long stem red roses.)

SHAREESA - Gregg, what are you doing?

GREGG - Trust me for a second. Just go back inside and sit down.

SHAREESA thinks - What in the world is this boy doing?

(SHAREESA smiles to herself as she looks at the bunches of roses. She doesn't let GREGG see her smile. She hesitates but walks back inside. GREGG follows.)

GREGG - Just sit down and put the flowers down too.

(SHAREESA does.)

GREGG - Reece, here is the deal. I saw you, I loved you, I lost you, I died. I tried to explain, you didn't hear. You listened, but you didn't hear. So now I am here to get my life back.

SHAREESA - But Gr...

GREGG - Shhhhhhh!

(GREGG picks one flower out of the stack.)

GREGG - I remember when I first saw you. I had just crossed and I saw you. You were with the AKAs. I had seen you before, but never like this day. This was the first day I saw you. I had seen pretty girls before, beautiful girls before. But never had I seen what I saw that day. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

(GREGG gives the first flower to SHAREESA and picks up another one.)

GREGG - Remember the Kappa party? We had gone over and I was really hoping that you would come. I made sure some of your sorors got fliers and I pumped it up to them. But it was all because I wanted to see if I could recall what I saw when I first saw you. You came to the party.

SHAREESA - Yeah, I remember.

GREGG - I remember the moment you walked in. Everything else could have stopped and you could have knocked me over with a feather. I remember what I had seen when I first saw you when I saw you at the party. That is when I decided I had to talk to you.

(GREGG gives her the second rose and picks another one up.)

GREGG - Do you remember our first conversation?

SHAREESA - Yeah, you asked me to dance.

GREGG - No, that wasn't our first conversation.

SHAREESA - It wasn't?

GREGG - No, that was me trying to get you to dance with me. Even when I spoke to you that night, I was not conversing to you. Even when you let me call you and we spoke, we weren't talking. Our first converstaion came two weeks later when we first went out together. That is when I stopped being Gregg the mack, Gregg the player. I stopped trying to impress you. I wasn't in front of frat. I wasn't in front of other girls. I wanted you to get to know me for me, so I spoke to you from inside of me. This was our first conversation, and this is when I fell in love with you.

(SHAREESA begins to count the roses that remain in the bunch.)

SHAREESA thinks - Oh my God! Is Gregg going to go back in time to every significant event in our relationship? There must be forty roses here!

(GREGG briefly passes through a few more significant events which led to him and SHAREESA becoming a committed couple. SHAREESA is now holding a bunch of roses from the stack. Then he breaks the flow.)

GREGG - You have always been the perfect companion Shareesa...

(GREGG turns away.)

GREGG - ...um...you have always been perfect. In every way. You have always treated me with respect. I took that for granted. You put me on such a high pedastal in your life that it went to my head...

(silence)

(GREGG turns back to face THERESA. His face is wet from his tears.)

GREGG - I took your love for granted and it went to my head. I knew I had something special in you. I knew that from the first rose. But I still took it for granted in the end. I began to wonder and wander. I lost my focus and my vision. I was stupid...a stupid, stupid idiot.

(GREGG continues to speak. He doesn't hand SHAREESA any roses.)

GREGG - At the crossroads of my life with you, I chose the wrong path. I travelled down that path for a long time. Knowing I was on the path, regretting being on the path. Wishing I had never chosen this way. But nonetheless, travelling.

(GREGG wipes his face with his hands, but tears continue to fall.)

SHAREESA - Gregg, please stop crying. Are you okay?

GREGG - I have to do this. I have to do this.

(GREGG pauses and collects his thoughts.)

GREGG - I feel like I wasn't even being myself anymore. I mean truly who I am. Deep down. I was losing you day by day and didn't even know it. My precious gift that God gave me, was slipping right through my fingers. Then...

(GREGG stops as if he can't go on. He places his hand on his stomach.)

(silence)

(He continues.)

GREGG - Then I lost my half. I lost half of me. I lost my brother. My brother Nino left me. I died with Nino Shareesa. I died. That stupid part of me that Nino kept warning me about. He kept telling me that at some point karma would catch up to me. He meant so much to me as a person. As a man. As an example to live by. When he...when he died, I died to. But my death penalty is worse...

(GREGG picks up another rose.)

GREGG - ...my sentence is to remain here on earth and miss him every day. I know he is happy. He is making God laugh and probably having step practice with the disciples or something.

(GREGG laughs a little as he looks skyward. His attention quickly comes back to SHAREESA and the rose he holds in his hand.)

GREGG - This one rose is for life and death. Nino's death represents my life. My life as a player, a so called hustler. That part of me passed with Nino. He hated those things about me. So when he left, he took the characteristics with him. I am sure he found some garbage can in heaven to dump them in.

SHAREESA thinks - Oh God! I can't take it!

(SHAREESA wipes a tear that she was trying to hold within her eye. She hates the fact that it escaped and ran down her cheek. GREGG doesn't notice her wiping her face.)

GREGG - This rose represents Nino and the passing into the new me. The me that I knew I always was. The Gregg capable of loving, caring and sharing. The Gregg longing for your touch. Not even in the way that I used to touch you. But for a kiss from your soul. Ya know?

(GREGG stops. He sits down. He had been standing the entire time. He changes the subject a bit.)

GREGG - I didn't mean to get so emotional. And I didn't mean to make you emotional.

SHAREESA - Oh that's okay.

(They are both wiping their faces off.)

SHAREESA - Well I have a question.

GREGG - Yeah.

SHAREESA - You gave me a rose for all the significant events of us. That was beautiful. Truly beautiful.

(SHAREESA stares at the bouqet she is holding and the remaining roses in the original bunch.)

SHAREESA - You have brought us to the present but there are a few roses left. Did you select too many? I like the concept but was your counting off?

GREGG - Oh no, let me continue.

(GREGG wipes his face dry and grabs the last few roses.)

GREGG - This rose represents today. Since the last rose represented the death of the old me, this one represents the birth of the new me. I am reborn through the regeneration of us. If you choose to come back to me, you will give me a new birth. That is what this rose is.

SHAREESA thinks - Oh God!

(SHAREESA smiles. He takes out another one.)

GREGG - This next one is for the day I ask you to be my wife. I don't know when that is, but if you take me back, I will never hurt you again. If there was any chance that I would hurt you again, I really wouldn't waste your time right now. Really I wouldn't. I would let you go about your business.

(He places that one down and grabs two more.)

GREGG - This is for our wedding day, and this other one is for our son.

SHAREESA - Our son?

GREGG - Yes, I want you to be the foundation of my family. Forever.

(SHAREESA gets teary eyed again.)

SHAREESA - How do you know you won't have a daughter?

GREGG - That is what these next two flowers are for. I know that twins run in your family. So after we have a little nupe, I want twin girls.

SHAREESA - Easy for you to say, you aint gonna be the one carrying them around for nine months.

GREGG - But I will be carrying you.

(silence)

(SHAREESA pouts.)

XAVIER thinks - Okay, this is it!

(XAVIER looks up and is standing at the front of SHAREESA's apartment complex.)

XAVIER thinks - I can't go back now. I have made it all the way here. Praying all the way!

(XAVIER laughs to himself as he walks into the lobby and walks toward the elevator.)

XAVIER thinks - I am so concerned with Gregg though. I think that me telling Shareesa how I feel may be the easy part. It will be breaking the news to Gregg that will be crazy to say the least!

(XAVIER watches the numbers rise in the elevator car.)

XAVIER thinks - I just pray that this will be successful. I don't want to hurt anyone. Lord please don't let any ill will grow amongst friends. Amongst brothers.

(The elevator stops on SHAREESA's floor. XAVIER takes a deep breath.)

XAVIER thinks - Okay, here we go!

(The elevator door opens.)

XAVIER - Gregg?

GREGG - Z?

XAVIER thinks - Oh my Lord!

XAVIER - Gregg what are you doing here? Are you okay? Your eyes are all red!

(GREGG steps into the elevator and hugs XAVIER.)

GREGG - Frat, you won't believe what happened! I came here to speak to Shareesa. I knew that it was now or never. I couldn't afford to lose her man! I just couldn't! So I laid all my cards on the table. I'm saying bruh, I put it all out. All of my emotions came out. I left no stone unturned and I got it all off my chest. And now I have the greatest news in the world man! She says that she wants to work on our relationship!

XAVIER - What?

GREGG - Man, we are getting back together! I aint much of a praying man, but I know that my prayers were answered today! I am the happiest man alive! I know she wants to take it slow, and I understand. But I will never hurt her again man! Believe me! I love her man! I am in love with Shareesa and I will be for the rest of my life! What do you think man?

(The elevator door closes by accident and the car starts to move back down toward the lobby.)

(silence)

XAVIER - Gregg, I am really happy for you man. I hope that you and Shareesa are very happy together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERRICK is at his place. He is discussing with CARYN the predicament that he is in between the Portland Trailblazers of the NBA and his deadbeat dad LOWELL DODGE.

DERRICK - I can't believe that bastard did this to me! I should've known there was a catch! I should've known!

CARYN - Well what difference does it make Derrick? We would...I mean...you would still be a millionaire regardless.

DERRICK - This is so not about the money Caryn. Lowell Dodge is only a part of my life right now so he can get paid. If I couldn't handle a basketball, he would have no knowledge of me whatsoever. That shit is fucked up!

CARYN - Forget his reasons Derrick! Don't be a fool! Take the money and run! Do you know how much you can buy with one million dollars? Let alone two million? Sheesh, I couldn't spend that all in one year! Ha ha ha ha!

(DERRICK just looks at CARYN and then gets up to pace the floor again.)

DERRICK - Ooooh that burns me up! It really does!

CARYN - Calm down boo. Why don't you go get some fresh air or something. Aight?

DERRICK - Good idea.

(DERRICK heads for the door.)

DERRICK thinks - Anything to get away from you right now!

DERRICK - I'll be back.

CARYN - Good. I hope some fresh air will start to clear your mind.

DERRICK - Sure.

(DERRICK doesn't look back as he walks out and closes the door behind him.)

DERRICK thinks - I can't talk to her. She can be dumb at times and I can't deal with that!

(DERRICK walks to a bench and sits down. He pulls out his cell phone and dials.)

JUNE - Hello?

DERRICK - Hey.

JUNE - Hey. You okay?

DERRICK - Still debating.

JUNE - Yeah. I see. How you feeling?

DERRICK - I just can't believe that snake Lowell is trying to get over like this! Dammit!

JUNE - Hmmm. What do you think you are going to do?

DERRICK - I honestly don't know.

JUNE - Well look. Let's weigh the pros and cons.

DERRICK - Okay, good idea.

JUNE - Okay. Let's do the cons first.

DERRICK - That motherfucker Lowell gets paid.

JUNE - O...kay. Anymore cons?

DERRICK - Yeah, that motherfucker Lowell gets paid.

JUNE - Um, how about some different cons.

DERRICK - Okay con. If I go into the NBA, I won't be able to keep you and Buck separated.

JUNE - What?

DERRICK - June, if I leave to go into the NBA, Buck will have no defense against him trying to get with you. I know that you and I are not together right now. But there is no secret that I still have feelings for you. And you can't deny that you did date Buck already. So you obviously like him.

(silence)

DERRICK - Your silence speaks volumes.

JUNE - Derrick, don't let me be a part of your decision whatsoever. I should have nothing to do with what you decide. This decision has all to do with you and nothing to do with me.

DERRICK - I wish it were that simple.

JUNE - Why isn't it? I am not the one who will have to perform on the basketball court. You will.

(silence)

JUNE - Anyway, you have people that you need to worry about besides me. You know that. What about that lil baby that Caryn had that you take care of?

DERRICK - You know what? Bobby is about to get a wake up call in fatherhood.That lil baby is not mine and I think it is about time his real

dad stepped in and took his rightful place.

JUNE - I hear you.

DERRICK - If I take this opportunity with the NBA, I may be losing you forever and that sorry excuse for a man that calls himself my father will become instantly rich and cling on to me like he has been there all along.

JUNE - Uh huh.

DERRICK - If I say to hell with Lowell and pass this opportunity up, I may never get a chance like this at the NBA again. I may never be able to buy my mother a house. I don't know. I don't know what to do.

JUNE - Derrick, close your eyes.

DERRICK - Huh?

JUNE - Just do it. Please.

DERRICK - What are you doing?

JUNE - Please just do it. Close your eyes and concentrate.

DERRICK - Okay.

(DERRICK closes his eyes.)

DERRICK - Alright, they are closed.

JUNE - Heavenly Father, we thank you for one more day. Please speak to us now and tell us what you want Derrick to do. We know that you have control of all things and you know the best things for us to do. So we trust in you and know that you will guide us in the right direction. Thank you. In Jesus name, amen.

DERRICK - Amen.

JUNE - Feel better?

DERRICK - Actually, one hundred percent better.

JUNE - Good!

DERRICK - Can I call you back?

JUNE - Yeah, I'll be here.

DERRICK - Okay, give me a few. I will call you back.

JUNE - Talk to you later.

DERRICK - Bye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We now find the Alphas who have gathered together at BOBY's house.

REGGIE - Bobby, you aint got no more chips?

BOBBY - Chill out, I just ordered a pizza. It should be here in a few.

REGGIE - Oh good.

(The doorbell rings.)

BOBBY - Yo Wil, get that!

WIL - I got it.

(WIL gets up and opens the door.)

WIL - What's up frat.

DONTE - What's up man.

WIL - Come on in.

(WIL and DONTE exchange the handshake.)

WIL - How's it going?

DONTE - Good man. How about you?

WIL - Chillin. Look man, I'm sorry again about what went down man. You know I would never do anything to hurt you or come between you and Octavia.

DONTE - I know man. Don't sweat it.

WIL - Are you sure?

DONTE - Yeah, it's cool.

WIL - Good.

DONTE - Let me go to the kitchen and put these beers in the fridge.

WIL - Let me grab a few of those for you.

(DONTE and WIL go into thekitchen where BOBBY is.)

DONTE - What's up man?

BOBBY - Hey Donte, what's the deal bruh? Thanks for bringing the beer.

DONTE - Yeah, as a matter of fact, grab one, and come into the other room.

BOBBY - I am trying to make sure I don't burn this shit on the stove. You know I can't cook as it is. That is why I ordered the pizza just in case.

DONTE - This will only take a second.

BOBBY - Alright.

(DONTE goes into the living room where brothers are in front of the television. They are playing Sega. DONTE turns it off.)

JASON - What the fuck man?

LARRY - Hey! I was just getting ready to beat Jason's ass in football!

JASON - You were losing thirty seven to nothing.

LARRY - Yeah, but then I had you right where I wanted you. Just when you get comfortable, then bam! I come back strong on ya!

(Everyone laughs.)

JASON - Shut the hell up! Now that I think about it, thanks Donte for stopping that game! Ha ha ha ha!

DONTE - Didn't mean to interrupt, but I have an announcement to make yall. Everyone grab a brew.

QUINTON - Aw hell! Do we have to go back on line? Is that the announcement? We didn't finish did we? Damn I knew it!

(Everyone laughs.)

DONTE - It's gonna feel like line up in here in a minute if yall don't shut up and let me finish!

(Everyone laughs again and then it quiets down.)

DONTE - I just wanted to thank my brothers for their continued support. All through the years.

LARRY - Yeah, since nineteen...

(Everyone responds.)

ALL - Oh six!

(Everyone laughs hard at LARRY.)

DONTE - Shut up you idiot!

(DONTE can't help but laugh.)

DONTE - As I was saying, thanks to some real close...family members, I was able to pull a few strings. And...

(DONTE raises his beer.)

DONTE - Brothers, I am happy to announce that I will be graduating. I am getting out of Ahpla!

BOBBY - What?

TREY - Oh shit!

WIL - Are you serious?

LARRY - Father forgive him for he knows not what he says!

REGGIE - Yo Donte, congrats man! Damn!

(Everyone touches glasses as they toast DONTE and pat him on the back and exchange the fraternal handshake.)

BOBBY - Damn man. How am I going to run the chapter without you?

LARRY - Ask Quinton!

REGGIE - Ooooh low blow! Haha ha ha!

(Everyone laughs. There is aknock on the door.)

BOBBY - Yo that must be the pizza guy. Hey town idiot, get the door.

LARRY - Man, I aint on line no more.

BOBBY - Get the door fool!

LARRY - Good grief! No respect! Ha ha ha ha!

(LARRY gets up and answers the door.)

LARRY - Dexter? What are you doing here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the office of COACH EDWARDS, basketball coach for Ahpla University.

COACH EDWARDS - Hey Derrick.Come on in.

DERRICK - What's happening coach?

COACH EDWARDS - I got your message that you want to talk. I know that this is a very confusing time for you Derrick.

DERRICK - You probably can't imagine.

COACH EDWARDS - Honestly Ican't. I don't know what you are going through inside as it pertains to Lowell and your decision.

DERRICK - It also includes my girl...or my ex girl I should say. And then the girl I have been seeing and the child I have been taking care of.

COACH EDWARDS - Derrick, let me just say this to you. And hopefully this will help you out a lot. You seem to be consulting a lot of different people in helping you make a decision. And that is good. You will hear many viewpoints and that can help you narrow down what you need to do. But ultimately, this decision is for you. This is your dream, or your nightmare. You need to step back and ask Derrick what he wants and needs. And that is the person you cater to first.

DERRICK - What if Derrick doesn't know?

COACH EDWARDS - Derrick knows. Ask him.

DERRICK - I hate when coaches talk in riddles.

(COACH EDWARDS laughs.)

DERRICK - Thanks coach.

COACH EDWARDS - No problem Derrick.

(DERRICK gets up and shakes his coach's hand. He then turns to leave.)

COACH EDWARDS - Listen. I will be proud of you no matter what decision you make.

DERRICK - Thanks. That means a lot.

COACH EDWARDS - I hope so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEXTER has just arrived at BOBBY's house to carry out the plan that the Omegas have to get LARRY.

LARRY - Dexter, what are you doing here? You want to come in man? We got a few beers left and we ordered some pizza.

DEXTER - Naw man, listen. Listen quick. There are some dudes after you for what happened to Jerrel up in Pharoahs.

LARRY - Who? What are you talking about man?

DEXTER - Just listen. I came here to warn you. This is what I want you to do. Grab your line brothers and follow me okay? Don't ask any questions.

(LARRY looks confused but heeds DEXTER's words.)

LARRY - Yo Q, Jason. Come here for a minute.

JASON - What's up sands?

QUINTON - Yeah, what's going on?

LARRY - Something is going down. Dexter is at the door and I think he is saying that that cat Jerrel is trying to catch me off guard.

QUINTON - What?

JASON - That perp dude? Are you serious? Where is he?

LARRY - I don't know the deal but Dexter told me to grab yall and follow him.

JASON - Hold on man. We gonna follow Dexter? What's up with that?

LARRY - Dexter is cool man.He's straight.

QUINTON - Well before we go anywhere, we need to let bros know what's up. Just in case something jumps off.

JASON - Good idea.

(QUINTON quickly gathers the brothers and informs them of what is going down. They decide to stay a good distance behind but to follow the three as they leave with DEXTER.)

LARRY - Alright man, let's go.

DEXTER - Cool. Follow me.

(They leave and close BOBBY's door behind them. A few seconds later, the rest of the Alphas come out to follow.)

DEXTER - We'll take my car. Come on.

(RONNIE and DRE are sitting in their car watching.)

RONNIE - Where the hell is Dexter going?

DRE - He is going to his car. Why is he changing the plan? He is supposed to bring him here! And why is it three of them and not just Larry?

RONNIE - I don't know. Just follow them. Come on!

LARRY - So where are we going?

DEXTER - We have to meet up with some other people at the diner.

QUINTON - The twenty four seven?

DEXTER - Yeah. I will explain all of this when we get there. Trust me.

LARRY - We got you man. This is getting crazy though.

DEXTER - It may get even worse!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERRICK has called an assembly of his closest friends and family to his house.

DERRICK - I want to thank you all for coming and being patient. We are just waiting on one more person.

COACH EDWARDS - Take your time Derrick. We aint in no hurry. We are just dying of suspense! Ha ha ha ha!

(Everyone laughs.)

DERRICK - Sorry, I will let yall know the deal as soon as the last person arrives. But feel free to getsome more to drink or eat. I have plenty of stuff.

(Everyone ones eats and chit chats with one another.)

CARYN - You know June, Derrick promised to get us one of those new trucks. You know, the Mercedes kind?

(JUNE giggles.)

JUNE - Oh really?

CARYN - Or maybe the Lexus Land Rover type. I haven't decided yet.

JUNE - I am sure you will decide wisely Caryn.

(JUNE smiles sarcastically.)

CARYN - Don't get smart!

(JUNE just walks away. There is then a knock on the door.)

DERRICK - Our last guest.

(DERRICK opens the door.)

LOWELL - Hey son.

(DERRICK leaves the door open without saying a word. LOWELL enters.)

DERRICK - Okay everyone. If you would please quiet down, I have a few things to say. Please have a seat.

(Everyone sits and eagerly listens.)

DERRICK - As all of you know,I have been under tremendous pressure from all sides as to what decision I am to make regarding my immediate future. I want to thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and words of prayer.

(CARYN leans and whispers to JUNE.)

CARYN whispers - I prayed with him. He's talking about me.

JUNE thinks - Good heavens!

DERRICK - I want to most of all thank two people in particular.

(LOWELL smiles.)

DERRICK - I want to first thank my mom. Clap for my mother yall.

(Ms. RAINES smiles.)

DERRICK - Mom, you have been there from the very beginning. You were my mother, my father and my first coach. If it were not for you, I would not have the talent and ability that I have and I thank you. It is because of you that I am who I am. Thank you.

(Everyone claps again.)

DERRICK - Secondly...

(LOWELL smiles again.)

DERRICK - I want to thank Coach Edwards.

(Everyone claps for COACH EDWARDS, except LOWELL.)

DERRICK - It was Coach who helped me to nurture my game and teach me one important lesson. That I have to listen to me. Do the things that I need to do for me. Stop trying to please everyone else and do what makes me happy. What counts for me. I thank Coach for that because lots of times young people, especially athletes easily get caught up with a lot of hoopla and promises. But Coach Edwards has kept me grounded as a person and as a player. Thank you Coach for your words and you work ethic.You have helped me more than you know!

(COACH EDWARDS stands up and hugs DERRICK as everyone claps.)

DERRICK - And now, the moment you have all been waiting for. I have made my decision as to what I am going to do. I have decided to...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEXTER pulls up at the Twenty Four Seven Diner but waits in the car. Soon after RONNIE and DRE pull up. Then BOBBY, DONTE, WIL, TREY and REGGIE drive and park. DEXTER then gets out.

RONNIE - What the hell is going on Dex? Why are we here?

LARRY - I want to know that same thing. What is going on?

DEXTER - Guys guys, give me one more second and I will explain it all.

DEXTER thinks - I hope!

(Moments later, APRIL, PJ and KATRICE arrive.)

DEXTER - Okay, now we can go inside. Everyone listen. Let me do the talking please so we can get to the bottom of a serious situation.

(Since everyone is kinda confused, they listen and follow DEXTER.)

PJ - Jason, do you know what is going on? We got an urgent call from Dexter asking us to rush over here and it was really important.

JASON - Girl, I am just here for the ride. I have no idea what is going on.

(As they go inside, DEXTER looks around. He sees a couple sitting in a booth to the right. He walks that way. Everyone follows.)

PJ thinks - Is that who I think it is? What the hell?

(The man seated sees the crowd approaching and stands up.)

DEXTER - What's up Jerrel.

(JERREL extends his hand and shakes DEXTER's hand. A seated MONA then turns around to see the approaching crowd of Alphas, Omegas and AKAs.)

MONA thinks - What in the world?

(DEXTER turns to speak to everyone who has followed.)

DEXTER - Everyone, I know most of you have met Jerrel and it has probably been an unpleasant experience.I had the opportunity to speak with him privately and he cleared up a lot of things for me. If you will just hear him out, he may be able to clear up some things for you as well.

(Out of sheer curiosity, everyone listens.)

JERREL - Everybody, let me start by apologizing to most of you. I first want to apologize to the Alphas.They were under the impression that I am a member of their fraternity and I am not. For that I am truly sorry. I also need to apologize to the brothers of Omega Psi Phi. For I am not a member of Omega either.

RONNIE thinks - What?

JERREL - I never meant to impersonate a member. But as I explain, you will understand how this all happened. To begin the story, I am not even an Ahpla University student. I am a newly hired member of the faculty. I work in the Ahpla administration office.

PJ - Huh?

MONA thinks - What?

JERREL - My girlfriend attends Ahpla. She began to tell me a few months ago when I first got hired about a girl who had joined her sorority who was a real bitch. She told me stories about this girl that I could not believe! Stories so wild, I just couldn't believe it! So I wanted to meet this girl. This crazy chick that is causing so much havoc on campus. This girl named Mona!

MONA - What!

JERREL - So in order for me to meet Mona, I thought I would do better acting as a student. I posed to be a student, only to meet Mona. I just couldn't believe one person could be so diabolical. The whole thing was funny at first. My girlfriend, who actually is a student here, was laughing along with me. I knew that Mona was an AKA but I didn't know what she looked like. So when I met the AKAs, I figured that by saying I was an Alpha, I would find Mona easier. That went bad when I had to actually meet the Alphas.

MONA - I am not sitting through this!

(MONA quickly gets up and pushes past JERREL. She storms out the opposite exit door to the diner. PJ starts to go after her.)

JERREL - Let her go. Don't sweat the small stuff.

DEXTER - Tell them what you told me Jerrel.

JERREL - My entire story starts to downward spiral from there. From there, I was obviously accused of impersonating an Alpha. I didn't want to tell the truth just yet because I still hadn't met Mona. It actually helped however because by getting mixed up in some scandal, it made it easier to find Mona. Shady is as shady does I guess.

APRIL - Shady to say the least!

JERREL - Anyhow, I meet Mona and tried to start up some controversy, just to see how she would handle it. I tell her that I am an Omega and have a beef with the Alphas. That sounded controversial enough. I told her that I needed her help to get back at the Alphas. Man, did she go to work! Before I knew what was about to go down, she had almost staged an all out war between the Alphas, the AKAs and the Omegas, with everyone pointing the fingers at each other.

(DEXTER glances over at RONNIE.)

DEXTER - I just knew something was fishy about this whole deal. That is why I spoke to Jerrel privately.

JERREL - And I am glad that Dexter did. Once I confided in him, he informed me of what was about to go down. Thank God we were able to stop it!

LARRY - Yeah, this could've gotten kind of ugly!

JERREL - But wait, you don't know the half of it. Not only did she have the Alphas and Omegas about to get to fighting, she set it up where she was tamperring with most of your grades through the administration computers. She tapped into financial records for most of you, mainly the AKAs.

RONNIE - Oh shit!

LARRY - Damn!

APRIL - She did what? How?

JERREL - I just know because I work in the administration office. Don't worry, that back fired on her too. I was able to restore all the damage that she had done to your accounts and to your transcripts. Everyone is fine.

(Everyone is looking around at each other. They didn't notice someone come up from behind.)

GINA - Hey sweetie.

JERREL - Hey boo.

PJ - Gina?

(GINA hugs the AKAs and walks up to JERREL. They kiss.)

PJ thinks - Okay, Gina got herself a fine one! Damn!

JERREL - Gina is my girl. She is the one who was telling me all about Mona. That is what started this whole thing.

RONNIE - Shit! Are you serious?

GINA - Yeah. I aint never liked Mona's triflin' ass.

APRIL - This is all crazy but are you sure all of our records are okay in the system? That is what concerns me most.

JERREL - Oh rest assured. Everyone is fine...

(silence)

JERREL -...except Mona. I deleted her from the system. As of yesterday, she is no longer a student of Ahpla University.

No comments: