Episode 16

BOBBY is walking from step practice and going to talk things out with ALEXIS.

BOBBY thinks - Nino was right. I have to aproach Lexi from the start with all honesty. I have never come at her that way before.

(BOBBY remembers when they first met.)

ALEXIS - I didn’t know that you were an Alpha. Your name is Bobby right?

BOBBY - Yeah. What’s your name?

ALEXIS - Alexis.

BOBBY - Lexi. That is cute.

ALEXIS - Lexi? Who said you could cut up my name?

BOBBY - I just think it fits. That name is cute and you are a cutie.

(ALEXIS smiles.)

BOBBY - So since you let me slice your name up, will you also let me take you out?

ALEXIS - I don’t no Bob, why should I let you.

(BOBBY laughs, ALEXIS smiles.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn her smile is cute!

BOBBY - Ok Lexi. I tell you what. You like to have fun?

ALEXIS - Depends on what you consider fun.

BOBBY - I know this place near here called Dave and Busters...

ALEXIS - Oh with the virtual games and stuff?

BOBBY - Yeah, you been there before?

ALEXIS - No but my little brother loves that place. I have always wanted to go.

BOBBY - Cool. So let’s go there, play some games and get something to eat.

(silence.)

BOBBY - So what do you say Lexi?

(BOBBY smiles.)

BOBBY thinks - I am such an idiot! I had the perfect girl and I messed up. Dammit! What the hell is wrong with me? I could have easily married Alexis and been the happiest brother in the world. But I let my dick think for me and now look...

(BOBBY passes by Negril, the Jamaican eatery near campus. He remembers taking ALEXIS there.)

ALEXIS - I have never had any of this food before.

BOBBY - Oh you are gonna love it mon.

(ALEXIS laughs at BOBBY’s attempt to have a Jamaican accent.)

BOBBY - Do you know what you want?

ALEXIS - Well what is good? I don’t really know.

BOBBY - You like fish?

ALEXIS - Yeah.

BOBBY - Ok get the fish dinner special and I will get curried chicken. And then we can share.

ALEXIS - Ok.

BOBBY - And then you gotta try this cocoa bread. It is real soft and hot!

ALEXIS - Ok.

(BOBBY passes and turns the corner.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn. The best thing for me to do is to just let her know that I am truly sorry for hurting her and let the chips fall where they may. Tell her that I don’t want to get her back, eventhough I do. And move on.

(BOBBY thinks about TRINA.)

BOBBY thinks - Trina is cool. Mad cool. But for some reason she was much more appealing to me when I was with Alexis. She is fine and all that, but she isn’t Lexi. By far. At least I do know that Trina would never cheat on me.

(BOBBY turns the corner to where ALEXIS’ apartment complex is.)

BOBBY thinks - I won’t stay long. I don’t want to be a nuisance. I will just stop by, see her and...

(BOBBY sees QUINTON’s car parked out front.)

BOBBY - Oh shit!

(BOBBY sees the A Phi A tags on the car and the Ahpla University sticker in the window.)

BOBBY - Oh shit! Quinton is here!

(BOBBY feels his heart drop.)

BOBBY thinks - Shit! I can’t go in there now! Damn!

(BOBBY looks at his watch to see how late it is.)

BOBBY thinks - Naw fuck that! Hell if I can’t go in there! I can visit, there isn’t anything wrong with that. Quinton is just gonna have to realize that Alexis and I are friends. And there is nothing wrong with me being friends with my ex.

(BOBBY starts to walk up the path to ALEXIS’s front door.)

BOBBY thinks - No wait a minute...

(BOBBY stops.)

BOBBY thinks - What am I doing? I am about to make a complete ass of myself! Quinton is a nice bro and the only reason he is pursuing Alexis is because I told him to. I shouldn’t rain on his parade like that.

(BOBBY looks back at QUINTON’s car.)

BOBBY thinks - I can’t be that way to this brother. He is a good guy and Alexis does deserve to be with a good guy. Especially after the shit I put her through. I have to just suck this shit up and let it go. I’m not gonna...

(ALEXIS’ door opens and QUINTON walks out putting his jacket on.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JASON and THERESA are in the movie theater watching Bamboozled.

THERESA whispers - You better not tell me what’s going to happen.

JASON whispers - The butler did it.

(THERESA smacks JASON’s leg.)

THERESA whispers - Since you have seen it already, why don’t you be a sweetheart and get me some popcorn.

JASON - Aight. What else you want?

THERESA - A sprite.

JASON - Ok. I’ll be right back.

(JASON gets up and heads to the concessions.)

JASON thinks - Glad there isn’t a long line. Just one person.

(JASON walks up and stands behind the girl that is already in line.)

JASON thinks - Maybe I’ll get some candy for myself after this girl orders.

WILLIE - Let me get a large popcorn and a coke.

JASON - Oh shit.

(WILLIE turns around and sees JASON standing behind her.)

WILLIE - Hmmm.

(WILLIE turns back around.)

WORKER - Can I help you sir?

(JASON walks up to the counter to order.)

JASON - Uh yeah. Let me get a large popcorn and two sprites.

WORKER - Sure.

(silence.)

(JASON and WILLIE are standing next to one another but looking in opposite directions purposely.)

(silence.)

WILLIE - Thanks for fixing my computer like I asked you to Jason. Oh and you don’t have to worry about me speaking to you on the yard!

JASON - What? I couldn’t fix your computer because you weren’t in the computer lab like you told me you were gonna be! If you weren’t dating some Que, maybe we would have...

WILLIE - Que? What the hell are you talking about? I waited for you in the lab for over an hour and you didn’t show up!

JASON - Whatever! You weren’t in the lab. You decided to stand me up! And what the hell does the yard have to do with anything?

WILLIE - Oh I guess you forgot the e mail!

JASON - What the hell are you...

WORKER - That is four fifteen please.

JASON - Huh?

(JASON turns around and the worker has his popcorn and sodas ready.)

WORKER - Four fifteen please

JASON - Oh...uh....

(JASON turns to the counter and pulls out his wallet.)

JASON - Oh ok...here ya go.

(JASON hands the worker a five dollar bill.)

JASON - Now what the hell...

(JASON turns back around but WILLIE is gone.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AKA’s are conducting their Toys for Tots program.

APRIL - Look at the little babies! They are so cute!

KATRICE - Yes they are! I love this program. I liked it when sorors did it last year.

APRIL - Yeah.

KATRICE - I am glad that some of the other greeks help out with this too.

APRIL - Oh most definitely. It’s all love you know?

(SHAREESA walks in holding hands with GREGG.)

SHAREESA - Wow, we have more children this year then any other year.

GREGG - Yeah, looks like it.

SHAREESA - Sweetie, can you take the bag of toys over there? I think you can give it to April.

GREGG - Alright cool.

SHAREESA - I’m gonna go over there and speak to some of the other sorors.

GREGG - Aight.

(GREGG walks over to APRIL and KATRICE.)

GREGG - Hey ladies.

APRIL - Hey Gregg.

(GREGG and APRIL hug.)

APRIL - Gregg have you met my neo Katrice?

GREGG - I have seen you on the yard before. But I never met you. Hey.

KATRICE - How you doing greek?

(GREGG and KATRICE hug.)

GREGG - I got this bag of toys that some of the nupes are donating. And I have another bag in the trunk of my car.

APRIL - Oh great! Thanks Gregg!

GREGG - No problem. Where should I put it?

APRIL - We are taking the toys into this room back here to store for now. Once we count how many we have, we start to give them out. So you can put it back there.

GREGG - Ok cool.

(GREGG takes his bag into the back and opens the door.)

GREGG thinks - Wow, they got a bunch of toys back here. This is cool. Let me put this bag down and go get the other bag out of the car.

(GREGG puts the bag inside the room and closes the door. He walks outside.)

PJ - Hey Syl, when do we start counting the toys?

SYLVIA - You know, we can start now. These kids are starting to run around and become restless.

PJ laughing - Ok. I will go back and start.

(PJ goes to the back room and closes the door behind herself.)

PJ thinks - Boy, we have a lot of toys. Oh well, let me get to counting.

(PJ starts to separate the toys.)

PJ thinks - Ok I am not giving one of those kids this white baby doll! I’ll put this one aside.

(The door opens and GREGG walks in. PJ turns around startled.)

GREGG - Oh hey, I didn’t know anyone was in here.

PJ - Hi.

(PJ turns and starts counting again.)

GREGG - What’s wrong with you?

PJ - Nothing Gregg.

GREGG - I don’t get a hug anymore?

(silence.)

(PJ stands up and turns around to give GREGG a hesitant hug. GREGG closes the door behind him.)

GREGG - Gosh, don’t do it if you aint enthused about it.

(PJ turns back around.)

GREGG - Ok ok I’m just kidding. Give me a hug.

(PJ turns back and opens her arms again like she really doesn’t want to hug Gregg.)

PJ - I was trying not to lose count. Now I have to start all over again.

GREGG - Sorry boo.

(GREGG hugs PJ tight and picks her off the ground.)

PJ thinks - Damn he smells good.

PJ - Put me down Gregg.

GREGG - Not until you tell me why you are hating on me today.

PJ - Gregg put me down.

GREGG - Don’t let me have to start tickling you!

PJ - No! Gregg stop!

(GREGG starts to wiggle his fingers while holding PJ in the air.)

PJ - Gregg! Please! Ha ha ha! Stop it!

(PJ starts to twist furiously.)

GREGG - You gonna tell me why you hating me?

PJ - Ok ok! Just stop! Ha ha ha!

(GREGG puts PJ down but she places her foot on a small fire truck. The truck rolls under PJ’s weight and she falls backward.)

PJ - Oh shit!

(She grabs GREGG and pulls him down with her. She lands on her back with GREGG on top of her. The door opens.)

SHAREESA - How is the toy coun...

No comments: