Episode 3

This week's episode begins with ALEXIS who is at RONNIE's house. She just

asked him about a tape sticking out of his vcr. He remembers it is the tape

he recorded at TRINA's house.

RONNIE thinks - Oh shit! The tape from Trina's house! I didn't rewind it!

(ALEXIS has already pushed the tape into the vcr.)

ALEXIS yells out - So can I watch this? What is it?

(RONNIE drops the phone.)

RONNIE - Uh that is some uh

(ALEXIS presses play. RONNIE starts to run from the bedroom.)

RONNIE - That is some Que stuff! Official business uh you can't

(The tape begins.)

ALEXIS - Oh I'm sorry, let me stop it then

(ALEXIS sees BOBBY on the tape with TRINA. They are on the bed. TRINA is on

top of BOBBY.)

ALEXIS - What the hell is this?

(RONNIE runs in and stops.)

RONNIE thinks - Dammit! Dammit!

BOBBY on tape - Trina, Im sorry I just can't do this. I have to leave.

TRINA on tape - No wait! Please don't leave Bobby!

BOBBY on tape - I'm sorry Trina, I have some things on my mind. I have to

leave I have to go.

(The scene on the tv changes and it seems like someone dropped the camera.

ALEXIS hears BOBBY's voice on the tape but she can no longer see him.)

BOBBY on tape - Ronnie! What the fuck

(The camera catches BOBBY swinging at RONNIE on the tape. The scene jumps

because the camera falls again. ALEXIS can't see what's happening but she can

tell that RONNIE and BOBBY have started to fight.)

ALEXIS - Ronnie what the fuck is this shit? Why is Bobby on this tape? You

got into a fight with Bobby?

RONNIE - Alexis, let me explain

ALEXIS - Explain? What the hell are you doing taping Bobby and that bitch?

RONNIE - If you let me rewind it, I can explain it all just let me rewind

ALEXIS - Rewind? The hell with rewind! You better tell me what the hell is

going on right now before I kick your ass!

RONNIE thinks - Oh shit!

(RONNIE stops the tape.)

(silence)

(ALEXIS is staring at RONNIE with her arms crossed. She is looking pissed.)

RONNIE - Alexis look, I know that you don't need to be with Bobby anymore. I

have told you that he cheated, you saw it for yourself, with your own eyes.

Then to top it all off, he gets Trina pregnant. And then you were gonna still

be with him. You were gonna still stay with that nigga.

(silence)

RONNIE - So I thought if I showed you that nigga fucking around, you would

see the light and leave his ass alone and be with me.

ALEXIS - So you taped Bobby and Trina fucking around?

RONNIE - I mean yeah.

ALEXIS - Are you fucking out of your mind?

RONNIE - I did this for you.

ALEXIS - Nigga you did this stupid shit for yourself! You are obsessed! You

are obsessed with Bobby!

RONNIE thinks - Oh no! Oh no!

RONNIE - No I'm not, Alexis just listen!

ALEXIS - No you listen! I don't want to be with Bobby, I don't want to be

with you! I don't need to be with anybody!

(ALEXIS turns to storm out.)

RONNIE - No Alexis wait!

ALEXIS - Leave me alone! Leave me the hell alone!

RONNIE - Lexi, wait.

(ALEXIS turns back to RONNIE.)

ALEXIS - My name is Alexis, fuck you very much!

(ALEXIS slams the door behind her.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WILLIE has just walked into THERESA's place. JASON and THERESA are on the

couch.

WILLIE - - Theresa! Why the hell is your front door not locked! Don't you

know that anybody can just walk up in your...

(WILLIE looks at the couch and sees JASON on top of THERESA.)

WILLIE - Oh my God!

(JASON jumps up.)

THERESA - Oh shit!

WILLIE - Uh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to uh oh my God! Let me go

JASON - No Willie, you don't have to leave.

WILLIE - Jason, I feel terrible.

JASON - No Willie, it's ok. Really.

(WILLIE comes in and closes the door.)

WILLIE - I think you are being much too nice. I really feel bad for you. I

mean it really hurts my feelings, I am so sorry.

THERESA - Willie it's ok. You are making a big deal out of this.

JASON - Yeah, it's not like you caught us naked or anything. Calm down.

WILLIE - Naked? I'm not talking about that.

JASON - Then what the hell are you talking about?

WILLIE - I'm talking about the fact that Jason didn't cross. I really feel

bad about that. I thought the Alphas would have picked your line back up with

you as well. But I see that that isn't the case.

JASON - Willie, what are you talking about? I did get picked back up. I

crossed, I am an Alpha.

WILLIE - What? How when the Alphas are on the yard stepping with the new

line? What the hell are you doing here?

JASON - I was making amends.

WILLIE - By kissing on Theresa?

JASON - I needed to talk to her and apologize for all that went down. We

spoke, I came in, one thing led to another and you walk in. Without knocking.

WILLIE - So you are an Alpha?

JASON - Yes.

(JASON turns to the table and grabs his crossing shirt.)

JASON - See. Here is my shirt. I crossed. Spring two thousand!

WILLIE - Oh goodness. Well congratulations, I am just all twisted around. I

don't know what to think.

JASON - Well I do. I need to thank you for your words of advice. They really

came in handy and were much needed. I just needed to hear what I already

knew. I got the courage to go back and claim what I knew was already mine.

And then the strength to come over here and apologize and accept

responsibility for my actions. Admitting that I was wrong. So thanks, thanks

a lot.

WILLIE - I am very happy to hear you say those things. You really have grown

as a result of your pledge process and that is good. That is what pledging is

supposed to be about. Congrats again and welcome to greekdom.

THERESA thinks - Oh brother.

(silence. Awkward moment.)

WILLIE - Uh, let me go.

JASON - No maybe I should run. I need to get to the yard.

THERESA - Ok.

(JASON starts to put on his shirt.)

THERESA thinks - Damn, I was gonna get some. Maybe we can hook back up

later.

WILLIE thinks - Hmmm, Jason has nice abs. Maybe he is just skinny from

pledging.

JASON - Ladies, I will speak to you all later. Willie, thanks again.

Theresa, thank you too.

WILLIE - You're very welcome.

(JASON leaves and WILLIE sits down.)

WILLIE - So

THERESA - So what?

WILLIE - Don't so what me? The last person I thought would be up in your

crib was Jason and I walk in and yall are about to get your groove on! What

is up with that?

THERESA - I'm saying he came over and talked to me. It was very emotional and

meaningful. And like he said, one thing led to another.

WILLIE - So are you saying that you don't like him again?

THERESA - Probably not. He just caught me at an awkward time. I was feeling

sorry for him.

WILLIE - Are you going to tell him that?

THERESA - I don't know. Maybe.

WILLIE - Don't do that Theresa. You two have been through a lot of shit. If

it aint on and popping, then let him go and be happy with somebody else.

THERESA - Maybe.

WILLIE - I mean you have to admit, there is a certain confidence about him

now. Pledging does that too you.

THERESA - Whatever. You know how I feel about pledging and sororities and

fraternities.

WILLIE - Yeah I know, but regardless, you have to admit that Jason looks

sexy in his new shirt. He isn't a scared little boy anymore. Seems like he

really grew up and his confidence exudes from him.

THERESA - Yeah, but like I said, I aint into getting serious with him. He

can't be trusted and I just aint sure yet.

WILLIE - Well you'd better make up your mind because if you sleep, someone

is gonna snatch that brother up from right underneath your nose.

THERESA - From the way you sound, it's gonna be you. What's up with that?

(silence)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoin the AKA's.

PJ - If I ever see you in my letters I will kick your ass again!

(APRIL and ASHANTE hold PJ back. KATRICE helps MONA up.)

KATRICE thinks - What the hell is going on?

MONA - Presjina, don't hate because you don't have a jacket as fly as mine!

I mean damn!

PJ - What! Aint nobody hating on you because of some jacket!

MONA - Whatever!

While outside in the other room

SOROR BERGEN - Melinda, what is the meaning of all this? What happened?

SOROR FERGUSON - I went to Mona's room and found all my missing

paraphernalia. She obviously did take it from me and had been wearing it

without being admitted in the sorority.

SOROR BERGEN - What!

SOROR FERGUSON - Yes. But I didn't find this out until late and by the time

I went to her room, found the stuff and got over here, you had already

completed the crossing. I was trying to stop it and let Mona do it next year.

SOROR BERGEN - Oh gosh! This is unbelievable.

SOROR FERGUSON - I just need to now make sure she does the right thing now

that she is a member of the sorority.

SOROR BERGEN - But wait a minute, back up. How did you know that she had the

stuff in her room anyway?

SOROR FERGUSON - One of the girls called me while they were on line. She

told me that she was pledging and all that the process has meant to her and

the rest of them. She really brought up some extremely emotional memories for

me. She convinced me to go and I found the stuff.

SOROR BERGEN - Excuse me?

SOROR FERGUSON - Yes, she convinced me to go and I found the missing stuff

in Mona's trunk.

SOROR BERGEN - No not that part, the part about one of the girls calling you

and telling you about their process. There was a process?

Back in the room

ASHANTE - PJ calm down. Everybody just calm down and have a seat. The fact

is Mona is a sister now. That's it. The best thing for us to do is to make

sure this chapter and this sorority does what it has to do on this campus and

reaches the people it needs to reach. We need to pull together now more than

ever.

PJ - But how can you wear those letters and live with yourself? You didn't

do shit for them! How can you get a jacket before you even crossed?

MONA - That wasn't my choice, I wanted to do whatever. Yall are the ones who

dissed me. I know I sent in a complete packet, then all of a sudden there

were pieces missing. Sylvia dissed me, April dissed me, So my attitude was

like whatever. I deserve AKA just like any other person up in here.

(APRIL lets PJ go.)

APRIL - You know what? I can't even stand here and listen to this bullshit.

Mona you are a bitch and you need to keep your ass out of my way.

MONA - Whatever soror.

(APRIL cuts a look at MONA and leaves the room.)

SOROR BERGEN - What process? What were you told?

(APRIL walks out. SOROR BERGEN sees APRIL.)

SOROR BERGEN - April, I need to speak to you.

APRIL - In a minute Soror Bergen. I need some air.

(APRIL doesn't look back, she just walks out.)

APRIL thinks - I can't believe this bullshit. Damn!

(APRIL walks out the front door.)

APRIL thinks - I can't believe that bitch got a jacket. This shit is crazy.

DERRICK - Wassup.

(APRIL turns around.)

APRIL - What the hell do you want?

DERRICK - Whoa, whoa, whoa, why all the hostility? It aint even like that

baby.

APRIL - Don't call me that. I saw you hugging all up on June. I guess you

are trying to get your snake ass back with her huh?

DERRICK - What difference does it make to you baby?

APRIL - I said don't call me that!

DERRICK - What's the matter, is that what Katrice calls you?

Back in the room.

ASHANTE - I said sit down.

(PJ and MONA look at ASHANTE and realize that she isn't joking. They sit

down.)

ASHANTE - Now look, as far as you neos are concerned, I am in charge. So sit

down and let's get through this.

(The door opens.)

SOROR BERGEN - No Ashante, I think that I am in charge. And I need to speak

to all of you right here, right now!

No comments: