Episode 28

APRIL is in KATRICE's room and DONNA is embracing her.

APRIL thinks - Ok why is this chick hugging me? Ok, why is this chick not letting go? Ok, why is this chick's hand on my ass?

(APRIL politely pushes DONNA back. She looks over at KATRICE who is watching with a very concerned and worried look on her face. APRIL backs up and sits on the bed.)

APRIL thinks - What the hell is going on here?

KATRICE - Um...you know what yall? I am kinda hungry. Maybe we should go to the twenty four seven.

APRIL - To the diner?

DONNA - Hell naw, I aint going no where.

(DONNA is still staring at APRIL.)

APRIL - I don't think I am hungry either Katrice.

KATRICE thinks - Damn!

APRIL - I'd rather just chill out for a while. And talk.

DONNA - Yeah.

(DONNA enthusiastically takes a seat.)

APRIL - Donna, how did you meet Katrice?

DONNA - Oh over at Pharoah's. You know on Thursdays. You know how Thursdays go over there.

APRIL - Uh huh.

(APRIL looks sternly at KATRICE.)

APRIL thinks - I see what was about to go on up in here!

APRIL - That is cool Donna.

DONNA - Yeah, it was a pretty boring night actually before I met Katrice. You know how vibrant she is.

APRIL - Yeah.

KATRICE thinks - Dammit!

(KATRICE is looking sick as the conversation contiues.)

DONNA - Yeah, Katrice came through and the dj all of a sudden kicked in like crazy. Playing all the old house cuts.

APRIL - Really?

DONNA - Let me tell you. That kid was mixing! So everyone starting dancing and we all had a real good time.

APRIL thinks - Uh huh, I knew it!

APRIL - Cool story. Well look ladies, it is getting pretty late and I'd better be heading home.

DONNA - Really? Are you leaving?

APRIL - Yeah, I gotta get back to the crib.

KATRICE - Yeah...uh...she has to be running...along.

DONNA - Well it was a pleasure meeting you April.

APRIL - Likewise.

DONNA - Maybe I will see you again...soon.

APRIL - Maybe.

APRIL thinks - Yeah right!

(APRIL walks KATRICE to the door.)

KATRICE - I will call you tomorrow.

(KATRICE is looking very sad. APRIL just walks away.)

APRIL thinks - I am so pissed! I can't believe I almost fell up in a situation like that! But that is cool, I know exactly what I am going to do!

(KATRICE goes back into her room and closes the door.)

DONNA - Finally. Alone time.

KATRICE - Yeah.

(DONNA hugs KATRICE and kisses her on the neck.)

DONNA - Hey, what's wrong? Is everything ok?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRINA has come to visit RONNIE.

(RONNIE opens the door.)

RONNIE - Hey Trina.

TRINA - What's up boyfriend! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

RONNIE - Come on in.

(TRINA comes in and kisses RONNIE on the cheek.)

TRINA - What you up to?

RONNIE - Nothing much. Just playing play station.

TRINA - Men! What you got to eat up in here?

RONNIE - You can check the fridge.

TRINA - Ok.

(TRINA goes into the kitchen and opens the fridge.)

TRINA - What did you want to offer me some ketchup and baking soda?

RONNIE - Oh, I guess my roommate ate all the food up.

TRINA - Yeah right! Call for some pizza for me please.

RONNIE - Aight.

(RONNIE dials the pizza place.)

RONNIE - Yes is this Seven Jewel Brothers Pizza? Ok I want a...hey what you want on your pizza?

TRINA - Mushrooms and onions. No pork.

RONNIE - No pork? Damn, I want some sausage! Yeah, make it mushroom and onions. Yeah, thanks.

(RONNIE hangs up.)

RONNIE - So what brings you by? I know you didn't come over here to order some pizza.

TRINA - Just wanted to chit chat about what it is that we are doing.

RONNIE - Ok.

TRINA - I am just tired of being played by Bobby. He has played so many women on this damn campus that it is ridiculous. I aint the one no more.

RONNIE - I hear it. So you think this is gonna do the trick?

TRINA - I know it will. If it is one thing that I do know, I do know Bobby and that brother has an ego the size of the statue of liberty!

RONNIE - Whatever you say.

TRINA - Now let me ask you. Why are you always so obsessed with ruining Bobby's life?

RONNIE - Who said all that?

TRINA - Aw come on Ronnie. You have been hating on Bobby since he was with Alexis. I never knew why. At first I believed that maybe you really liked Alexis. But when you came on to me, I knew that there was more behind this.

RONNIE - Why don't you ask him.

TRINA - Because I am asking you.

(silence)

TRINA - So you gonna tell me or what?

(silence)

RONNIE - Dog team!

BOBBY - Roof!

RONNIE - Dog team!

BOBBY - Roof!

RONNIE - Dog team!

BOBBY Roof! Roof! Roof!

RONNIE - Ha ha ha ha ha ha, the hop team is gonna be hot once we get up on it dog!

BOBBY - I know that shit is right! Taking step shows to another level.

RONNIE - I can't wait man. How about you?

BOBBY - Oh you know the deal player! I can't wait to put on the purple and gold! It's gonna be all good after that!

TRINA - What?

RONNIE - I aint making this up! So then...

BOBBY - Yo dog, I heard the Sigmas may try and get a chapter here at Ahpla.

RONNIE - Word? Damn! We got enough greeks on campus now! We sure don't need no more.

BOBBY - I know that's right.

RONNIE - Have you heard of anybody trying to pledge Kappa this year?

BOBBY - I think that dude Gregg. You know that pretty nigga.

RONNIE - Figures. What about the Alphas?

BOBBY - I don't know, fuck them.

TRINA - Are you serious? When was all this?

RONNIE - Back in the day. So you see how things went down right?

TRINA - Oh my goodness! I never knew that! What the hell happened? If you are

saying that Bobby wanted to be an Omega so bad, how the hell did he wind up

pledging Alpha and becoming chapter president and brother of the year?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------

BOBBY has come into the delivery room with the bad news about NINO. He sees DERRICK holding his son.

BOBBY crying - Caryn! Nino is de...

(Everyone looks up at BOBBY as he has made a loud entrance.)

BOBBY - What are you doing in here!

DERRICK - Nothing bruh, just looking at Caryn's baby.

BOBBY - You mean looking at my baby!

DERRICK - Whatever you say player. Aint that right little...Derrick!

(DERRICK ignores BOBBY by turing to the baby.)

BOBBY - What did you say?

(BOBBY approaches DERRICK.)

NURSE thinks - Oh no! I gotta call security!

DERRICK - What you gonna do Bobby? Hit me while I am holding...your baby?

(silence)

BOBBY - I hope yall take good damn family portraits because yall are just crazy enough to want to be together!

(BOBBY turns and marches out.)

BOBBY thinks - Fuck them! Both of them! I can't believe Nino died!

(As BOBBY passes through the emergency room entrance, he looks for CANDACE but doesn't see her. He walks outside wiping his eyes.)

BOBBY thilnks - Oh God! Nino! I can't believe this!

(BOBBY breaks down and starts to cry very heavy.)

BOBBY - Damn! Why! Why!

(BOBBY stumbles out into the parking lot crying and slams his fists on the first car that he comes to. The alarm begins to sound loudly which startles him. He runs away and stops at the bus stop out of breath.)

BOBBY thinks - Oh my God! Oh God! I don't believe this is happening! I cannot believe this is happening! Nino is...

(BOBBY looks around the bus stop for something to punch as tears are still streaming down his face. He doesn’t see anything.)

BOBBY thinks - I have to calm down before I hurt myself!

(BOBBY quickly pulls out his cell phone and dials.)

ALEXIS - Hello?

BOBBY - Alexis this is Bobby.

(silence)

ALEXIS - What?

BOBBY - Are you sleeping?

ALEXIS thinks - Oh shit! This is Bobby!

BOBBY - Were you sleeping?

ALEXIS - Um...no. No, just laying down.

BOBBY - Are you alone? Can you talk?

(ALEXIS turns and looks at QUINTON who is sound asleep next to her in her bed. His pillow is still wet from where he cried himself to sleep.)

ALEXIS - Yeah, I can talk. Hold on a second.

(ALEXIS quietly gets out of bed and tips into her living room with her cordless phone.)

ALEXIS - Ok. Are you ok?

BOBBY - Alexis, Nino died! He died tonight!

ALEXIS - I know. I heard already. I can't believe it! Are you ok?

BOBBY - No I'm not.

ALEXIS - Where are you?

BOBBY - At the bus stop outside of the hospital.

ALEXIS - The bus stop? Bobby where are you going?

BOBBY - No where. I am not catching the bus.

ALEXIS thinks - Oh my God!

ALEXIS - Bobby, you need to get a hold of yourself.

BOBBY - I just can't believe he is gone! I just don't believe it!

ALEXIS - Neither do I. This is terrible.

BOBBY - What the hell am I gonna do? What am I gonna do now?

ALEXIS - It may be a good idea for you to head home Bobby and get some rest.

(silence)

BOBBY - Rest. I cannot rest. There is too much on my mind. My heart is racing! Racing! I need to...I need to talk to you. I need to come and see you.

(silence)

ALEXIS - Bobby, you can't do that.

BOBBY - Why not?

ALEXIS - Now is not a good...

BOBBY - I need you...I need you now more than ever Lexi.

ALEXIS - No Bobby.

BOBBY - But Alexis, I still have feelings for you! I never got to get certain things off my chest with you and that isn't fair.

ALEXIS - No, what isn't fair is that you cheated on me with every damn girl you could sleep with! That is what isn't fair!

BOBBY - At least they weren't any of your friends! How you gonna start dating Quinton now when you know he is my frat brother? Huh? What's up with...

ALEXIS - Leave him out of this!

BOBBY - Hell no! You brought him into this by dating him!

ALEXIS - Well first of all, I didn't even know he was an Alpha when we met! And secondly, if you had been handling your business, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to get in in the first place!

BOBBY - That is why you won't see me isn't it! Because of him!

ALEXIS - This aint got nothing to do with him!

BOBBY - Then why won't you let me come and talk to you?

(silence)

BOBBY - Is he there?

ALEXIS - No, he isn't here.

BOBBY - Then why not!

ALEXIS - Because I said no!

BOBBY - It is because you still love me isn't it!

(silence)

BOBBY - You still have feelings for me! Tell me!

ALEXIS - Bobby you are crazy! Go home!

BOBBY - Unless you tell me the real reason, I am coming over!

ALEXIS - Bobby I am warning you! Don't come over here!

BOBBY - I am coming over right now unless you tell me the truth!

ALEXIS - Ok fine! If it will make you go home...I still have feelings for you! Ok you happy? Huh? Now go the hell home Bobby! You are not thinking straight because of Nino and you need to lay down and collect your thoughts! We all do! This is not how Nino would want you to react. Go home.

(silence)

ALEXIS - Go home.

BOBBY - Ok.

(ALEXIS hangs up and stares at the ceiling. Tears fall from her face onto her shoulders.)

ALEXIS thinks - Damn.

(ALEXIS slowly gets up and carefully walks into her room. She goes to the bathroom first, then slowly climbs into bed next to QUINTON.)

(silence)

QUINTON - So I am not here and you still have feelings for Bobby huh?

No comments: