Episode 10

We begin this week's episode with QUINTON and ALEXIS. They are in ALEXIS'
house and QUINTON just saw various pictures of ALEXIS and BOBBY.


QUINTON - I thought you said you didn’t know any Alphas?

ALEXIS - Uhhh.

QUINTON - Seems to me that you know plenty. You didn't have to lie to me
Alexis.

(ALEXIS sits down.)

ALEXIS - Quinton look. Here is the deal and here is the truth. The reason
that I didn't tell you about Bobby and me is because I didn't want to scare
you away.


(QUINTON listens.)

ALEXIS - Bobby and I used to be boyfriend and girlfriend and I really cared
for him a lot. But he dogged me out. I was really hurt by the whole thing but
at the same time, I realized that I have to move on. I didn't even intend to
date anyone else at Ahpla. Just chill out and take it easy. But then I met
you.


(QUINTON doesn't say anything.)

ALEXIS - You don’t seem to be like some of these other guys on campus. And
believe me, I have heard it all from these guys. Mostly the frat guys. But
when we met we seemed to click and genuinely talk. I haven't been able to
open up to someone in a long time.

QUINTON - But how do you consider it opening up when you aren't telling the
truth?

ALEXIS - I know, and I am sorry. I was going to tell you. I would have had to
if...

QUINTON - If what?

ALEXIS - If we could ever have more than...more than just a friendship.

(silence)

QUINTON - Alexis, I don't know right now. I mean, this was moving along just
fine and then this is a big monkey wrench thrown in out of nowhere. I don't
think it was fair to not tell me.

ALEXIS - I'm sorry.

QUINTON - It's just that had I known, I could have made my own decision. Now
I feel like that decision is harder to make because I like you.

ALEXIS - You do?

(Silence)

QUINTON - Look, I need to go.

BOBBY and TRINA have just finished having sex and are out of breath.

TRINA breathing heavy - Why the hell do I even fuck with you?

BOBBY - Because the sex is off the hook and you know it!

TRINA - You're right baby! Hee hee.

(They kiss.)

TRINA - But on the real Bobby. We need to talk about this situation with

Caryn. She is going to have your baby.

BOBBY - Must we talk about that right now?

TRINA - You're right. We can table that discussion but best believe we will
have it.

BOBBY - Fine. And at this discussion we are gonna talk about this baby that
you were never pregnant with.

TRINA - Fine.

BOBBY - Fine.

(Silence)

TRINA - I'm getting in the shower.

BOBBY - Aight.

(TRINA gets up and goes into the bathroom. BOBBY lays there and hears the
water start)


BOBBY thinks - What the hell am I doing?

(BOBBY sits up and looks at his desk. He sees the spot where he used to have
two pictures of him and ALEXIS.)


BOBBY - Damn!

(BOBBY gets up and puts on a pair of shorts. He walks over and opens his
wallet.)


BOBBY thinks - I miss you.

(BOBBY thinks this as he slides a picture of ALEXIS out of a hidden
compartment in his wallet.)


(There is a knock on the door.)

BOBBY thinks - Who the hell could this be?

(BOBBY puts the picture back and throws on a t shirt. He answers the door.)

QUINTON - What's up frat?

BOBBY - Yo what's up bruh? Come on in.

(BOBBY and QUINTON grip. QUINTON comes in.)

BOBBY - What's up with you man? How you doin'?

QUINTON - I'm cool bruh. I just needed to talk to you about something.

BOBBY - What, you want be chapter president already? Damn, can a nigga get
out of office?

(They laugh.)

QUINTON - Naw, it aint that. I wish it was something that simple.

BOBBY - Well what is the matter.

QUINTON - Well...I met this girl. And she is real cool...well better yet.
What do you think about dating a girl who used to mess with a bro and now
they don't get down anymore.

BOBBY - I guess it would depend on the situation. Fill me in.

QUINTON - Well, I met a girl. We hit it off real well and I was hoping we
could become closer than friends.

BOBBY - Uh huh.

QUINTON - But now I find out that she used to mess with a bro so I don't know
what I should do.

BOBBY - Well if you wait until you find a girl at Ahpla that an Alpha has not
messed with you will be waiting forever!

(They laugh again.)

QUINTON - I hear it.

(TRINA comes out of the bedroom in a shirt and shorts and a towel on her
head.)


QUINTON - Oh I'm sorry, I didn’t know it was a bad time.

BOBBY - Oh no it's cool. Trina, this is one of my neos. This is Quinton.

TRINA - Hi, nice to meet you.

QUINTON - Nice to meet you too.

(TRINA sits next to BOBBY and leans her head on his arm.)

BOBBY - Quinton was just telling me how he met a girl and he found out that
she used to date a bro. Now he is unsure about pursuing her. As you can see,
he thinks like a neo.

(TRINA smiles. QUINTON laughs.)

BOBBY - So who is this dimepiece?

QUINTON - Well...it's...uh...

(BOBBY and TRINA are staring back for QUINTON's answer.)

QUINTON - It's...Alexis.

(BOBBY's heart drops.)

TRINA - Alexis?

QUINTON - Yeah. Alexis. That is why I felt funny about the whole thing.

TRINA - Oh you aint gotta feel funny at all. Does he baby?

BOBBY - Aw naw man, it's cool.

(QUINTON smiles.)

QUINTON - Really? You don't mind?


(TRINA looks at BOBBY.)

BOBBY - I used to date Alexis but it wasn't even that serious man. That part
of my life is over. Alexis is a real good person and she deserves a nice guy
like you. Go ahead and do what you gotta do.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our scenes change and we are back in the cafeteria with WILLIE and JASON.
THERESA has listened to a majority of the conversation between WILLIE and
JASON.


WILLIE thinks - I wonder what J is doing this weekend.

WILLIE - So what are you getting into this weekend?

JASON - I don't know yet, I might..

(THERESA comes out of nowhere with her tray in hand.)

THERESA - Hey you two? Slide over boobie.

JASON thinks - Boobie again?

THERESA - Hey Willie girl.

WILLIE - What's up Theresa.

(THERESA slides into the booth next to JASON.)

THERESA - What yall talking about?

JASON - Nothing much, just weekend plans.

THERESA - Oh really? I'm glad you mentioned that. Jason, I was hoping we
could go see that new Denzel movie. The one about football.

JASON - Remember the titans?

THERESA - Yeah, that's it. I want to see that.

JASON - Since when did you start liking football films?

WILLIE thinks - Yeah, fo sho!

THERESA - I just want to support Denzel, that's all.

(THERESA smiles at WILLIE.)

WILLIE thinks - Oh brother!

JASON - I guess that would be cool.

WILLIE - Jason, you are good with computers right?

JASON - Yeah, I love em.

WILLIE - Could you stop by this week and take a look at mine? It has really
been acting crazy and I don’t want to lose all my files.

JASON - Sure, I know how much of a headache that can be.

WILLIE - Thanks!

(WILLIE looks back at THERESA and smiles.)

THERESA - Hey Jason baby? What are you doing on Sunday?

JASON - I don't know, probably watching the game with bros or something. Why?

THERESA - I want to go to chapel this Sunday and I was wondering if you would
take me.

JASON thinks - What?

WILLIE thinks - What?

(THERESA smiles at WILLIE.)

WILLIE - Jason, what game are you watching?

JASON - The Redskins and the Bucs.

WILLIE - Oh yeah, that game is gonna be tight. The Bucs got that slammin’
offense but with the high price that Dan Snyder paid for the Redskins
defense, you know adding Deion Sanders and all, this is gonna be a good game.

JASON - You follow football?

WILLIE - That is all that we do in Alablama. The Crimson Tide ride high down
home! Ha ha ha ha ha.

JASON - So who is your favorite team?

WILLIE - Dallas of course!

(WILLIE smirks at THERESA.)

THERESA - Uh Jason, you know I was trying to keep this a secret from you, but
you forced it out of me.

JASON - Huh? Forced it out of you?

THERESA - I got you a crossing gift.

JASON - You did? But I thought you said...

THERESA - Never mind that, you moved me so much when we spoke in front of my
house that I went ahead and had a shirt made for you.

JASON - Uh...thanks.

THERESA - It has your line name and you grandfather's name on it too.

JASON - Really! Oh shit! That is the bomb! Thank you!

(JASON hugs THERESA as she looks at WILLIE and sticks her tongue out.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


DERRICK and JUNE are on the yard talking.

DERRICK - So what's up baby? How is your day going?

JUNE - It's cool. How is yours?

DERRICK - Not bad. It's better now that I see you.

(JUNE smiles.)


JUNE - Did you eat already?

DERRICK - Yeah. Why are you hungry?

JUNE - Yeah, I am getting one of those hunger headaches.

DERRICK - I'll be right back baby.

(DERRICK pops up and trots across the yard and out of sight.)


JUNE thinks - Now where the heck is he off to in such a hurry? Sheesh!

(JUNE looks around the yard. It is kind of empty. Before she looks back
around, DERRICK is back.)


DERRICK - Here you go sweetie.

JUNE - What is this?

(JUNE opens the bag that DERRICK just handed to her)

DERRICK - It's your favorite. Hot dog, with mustard and ketchup. Bag of fries
and a snapple.

JUNE - You ran there that quick?

DERRICK - Nothing is too good for my baby.

(JUNE smiles.)


JUNE - Oh you are the sweetest.

DERRICK - No boo, you are the sweetest.

(JUNE starts to eat her hot dog.)


DERRICK - You know June, I have been thinking. We have been dating ever since
both of us came to Ahpla. It's been perfect. Until...ya know...recently?

JUNE - Umm hmm.

DERRICK - And I know I said a lot of things lately, but the time we spent
apart helped me to do a lot of reflecting and soul searching.

JUNE - Really?

DERRICK - Most def. I needed to do some thinking and sorting of things. And I
have come to really realize that I don't want to walk this journey without
you.


(JUNE smiles)

DERRICK - I was so alone. I really didn't have anyone to laugh with. I just
laugh from the feeling I get when I make you laugh. I had nobody to explain
basketball too. I was straight lonely.

JUNE - Really?

DERRICK - It probably didn't affect you the same way because you were
constantly busy pledging. But I had nothing to do but to think about you and
us.


(JUNE remembers what her spec OCTAVIA said about being careful about
DERRICK.)

DERRICK - So I don't want to rush you or anything. I just wanted to let you
know where my head is at and what my real feelings are.


(Silence.)

JUNE - Derrick, I have to ask you something. And I need to know the truth.

DERRICK - Anything.

JUNE - What happened between you and April? What was up with that?

(DERRICK looks away.)

DERRICK - That was...that was nothing more than a big mistake. I never
approached her on some dating shit. That is how she came at me. And if she is
telling you anything else, she is lying. She may come at you and try to put
shit on me because she is your soror and all. But let her say that shit in
front of me and you together. I bet she would change her story then.

JUNE - April hasn't said anything to me. I am asking you.

DERRICK - Well my answer is this. You are the only girl I want to be with.
You are the only girl I love. You are the only girl I have ever made love to.

JUNE - So are you saying that you didn't sleep with April?

APRIL - Oh Derrick, it feels so good!

DERRICK - You like that?

APRIL - Oh yes! Oh yes!

DERRICK - Say my name!

APRIL thinks - Katrice!

APRIL - Derrick!

DERRICK - Hell no I didn't sleep with April! I haven't slept with anyone. You
are the only girl I would ever sleep with and have ever slept with since I
have been at Ahpla University!


(DERRICK turns around as someone interrupts what he is saying to JUNE.)

CARYN - Well if you never slept with anyone but June, how the hell did I get
pregnant with your baby?

No comments: