Episode 39

We begin this week's episode with JUNE and BUCK. JUNE has just questioned BUCK as he just received a phone call from MONA after he said that he didn't know any AKA's.

JUNE - Alright Buck, cut the bullshit! I want the truth, and I want it right now!

BUCK thinks - Dammit!

(BUCK's cell phone rings again. He looks on the display to see that it is MONA calling back. He doesn't answer.)

BUCK - Okay, okay. I will tell you the truth. Just sit down...please.

(JUNE stares at him, then sits down slowly. BUCK's phone is still ringing.)

BUCK - Okay June, here is the deal. From beginning to end.

(BUCK and his team mate IVAN walk into Pharoah's.)

IVAN - This is the spot I was telling you about. Look at all the honies up in here!

BUCK - Damn nigga, you wasn't lying! I aint mad at ya.

IVAN - Come on, let's get a drink.

(IVAN and BUCK walk up to the bar to get a beer.)

IVAN - Some of these Ahpla chicks are some cuties for sure.

BUCK - I hear ya, this one chick is checkin' me right now!

IVAN - How you know she aint checkin' for me playa?

BUCK - Cuz you aint the man like I am dog!

(They both laugh.)

IVAN - Who is this girl scopin' you?

BUCK - Right over there. See her? She is staring at a brohter.

(IVAN looks.)

IVAN - Oh yeah! Damn she is locked onto you dude. I see her!

BUCK - Oh shit, she is coming this way!

IVAN - Act cool.

BUCK - Nigga, I aint gotta act cool, I am cool.

IVAN - Like I said, act cool.

(MONA approaches.)

MONA - Buck right?

(BUCK looks at IVAN and then back at MONA.)

BUCK - Yeah, how did you know?

MONA - You play basketball for Amgis.

BUCK - You follow basketball?

MONA - Only the players that got skill. So I follow you.

IVAN - I guess you follow me too huh?

(silence)

MONA - Buck, you average eleven points, seven rebounds and four assists per game.

BUCK - That's right!

MONA - You have hit the winning shot in two games this season.

IVAN - Damn, she knows your shit bruh!

BUCK - That is very impressive. What makes you want to know so much about me?

MONA - You just impress me.

(MONA twirls her hair in her finger.)

MONA - Let's sit and talk.

(BUCK looks at IVAN again.)

BUCK - Okay, sure!

(BUCK gives IVAN a pound and follows MONA to an empty table. They sit down.)

BUCK - I didn't even get your name.

MONA - Mona, Mona Ferguson.

BUCK - Nice to meet you Mona.

MONA - Yeah.

BUCK - You go to Ahpla?

MONA - Yeah.

BUCK - You come here often?

(silence)

MONA - Okay, enough with the formalities.

BUCK - Huh?

MONA - Buck I have been following your games for a while now because I think we can work well for one another. I think there is something that you can do for me and something I can do in return for you.

BUCK - Huh? What are you talking about?

MONA - You are a business major right?

BUCK - Yeah.

MONA - Well I have a business proposition for you.

BUCK - What type of proposition?

MONA - It seems that we may have a common enemy.

BUCK - We do? Who?

MONA - Derrick.

BUCK - Derrick? The Ahpla hoopster?

MONA - Yep.

BUCK - What you got against Derrick?

MONA - Nothing directly. It is is ex girlfriend that I have the beef with.

BUCK - Oh...uh...June right?

MONA - Right.

BUCK - Well what is this all about?

MONA - Let's just say that June and I are line sisters. AKAs. But for some odd reason, she and the rest of the line sisters don't care to recognize me. So I think it is time for a little payback.

BUCK - Hey look, I aint got nothing to do with you and June okay. You picked the wrong brother for all that.

MONA - Suit yourself. I just thought you would be interested if it involved hurting Derrick.

BUCK - Hurting Derrick?

(silence)

BUCK - Naw, it isn't even that deep.

MONA - Okay, sorry to have bothered you then.

BUCK thinks - This chick is nuts.

(BUCK begins to get up.)

MONA - Oh did I mention the money involved?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

We change scenes and find CARYN who has just arrived at BOBBY's room with Lil DERRICK.

(CARYN knocks on the door.)

BOBBY - Hey what's up. Hey lil man!

CARYN - Shhhh, he is real sleepy. Let me put him down.

BOBBY - Oh okay.

(CARYN comes in and heads for the bed to lay the baby down. She puts him down and rubs his head. The baby sticks his thumb in his mouth and starts to fall asleep.)

BOBBY - So what's going on? I didn't expect to see...

(CARYN gets up and starts to kiss BOBBY furiously.)

BOBBY - Mmmmmh...uhmmmmh....what?...

CARYN - What? What's the matter?

(BOBBY catches his breath.)

BOBBY - Nothing, you just surp...

(CARYN starts to kiss him again.)

BOBBY thinks - It is about to be on!

(CARYN stops and starts to take her shirt off.)

BOBBY thinks - I am the damn man!

(BOBBY pulls his sweater off and there is a knock on the door.)

BOBBY thinks - Shit!

BOBBY - Let me see who this is and make them go away.

CARYN - Hurry up.

(BOBBY goes to the door and opens it.)

LARRY - What's up frat.

BOBBY - Hey Larry, what's the deal man.

(BOBBY steps into the hall.)

BOBBY - Listen bruh, now is not really a good time so if you could just come back...

(LARRY looks BOBBY up and down and notices that he is shirtless.)

LARRY - I need to talk to you man. This is important. Some frat business.

BOBBY - Cool, but right now, it is a bad time. So if you could just come on back by...

LARRY - I said, this is frat business.

BOBBY thinks - Cockblocker!

BOBBY - I heard you the first time. And if you heard me, I said that you can...

LARRY - I know my chapter president is not going to leave me hanging on some important Alpha business for some girl is he?

(silence)

(BOBBY closes the door behind him.)

BOBBY thinks - Damn neo!

BOBBY - My bad bruh, you're right. What can I do for you?

LARRY - Look man, I was just up in Pharoah's with Quinton and Jerrell.

BOBBY - Uh huh.

LARRY - And Candace comes over and we are all chillin' right?

BOBBY - Uh huh.

LARRY - So we are just chillin' and talkin'.

BOBBY - Okay.

LARRY - Talkin' and chillin'.

BOBBY - Get to the point!

LARRY - Oh yeah. So we are chillin' and...

BOBBY thinks - Lord give me patience!

LARRY - So we are chillin and Candace asks Jerrell where he pledged at. And then, he says Southern University.

(silence)

(LARRY is nodding his head up and down at BOBBY slowly.)

LARRY - Southern University.

(silence)

BOBBY - So what! You came all the way here to tell me that?

LARRY - Think about it man! If Jerrell pledged at Southern, Candace would know him!

BOBBY - Oh shit! You're right!

LARRY - Candace asked that nigga what chapter were the bros at Southern and he got it wrong!

BOBBY - What?

LARRY - Yes! That nigga is a perp!

BOBBY - Jerrell was perpetrating the whole time?

LARRY - Yes! That explains why he wasn't looking around the campus for bros when he first got here!

BOBBY - Oh shit!

LARRY - I don't understand how he knew the grip though!

BOBBY - I know some girls that know the grip! Pillow talk, some bros just talk to much.

LARRY - That is a damn shame!

BOBBY - Yeah. Well, thanks for coming by and sharing this with...

LARRY - Hold it, that's not all.

BOBBY thinks - Oh God! What!

LARRY - If Jerrell is a perp, which he is, then we let someone vote in our chapter that is not a member of Alpha.

BOBBY - Yeah, we did.

LARRY - And it was his deciding vote that re-elected you.

BOBBY - So it was.

LARRY - So that vote shouldn't count and we should have a revote.

(silence)

LARRY - You do agree don't you?

BOBBY - Um...

LARRY - You can't possibly think that you should remain president after knowing that a damn perp voted you in.

BOBBY - But the thing is, the vote is over. Regardless of how it went down, the vote is over. We cannot reopen a closed vote.

LARRY - Why not?

BOBBY - Because that is just not the way things are done.

LARRY - Oh and I guess things are done with non frat members voting for our chapter president? Well let me call my cousin Boodrow and let him cast his vote too.

BOBBY - Don't be stupid, eventhough that is probably hard for you not to.

LARRY - So what are we gonna do about this?

BOBBY - Nothing.

LARRY - Nothing?

BOBBY - Unfortunately, this happened. But we have to move on as a brotherhood and tackle larger obstacles.

(BOBBY smiles.)

LARRY - Why don't you say what this really is about?

BOBBY - What?

LARRY - This is about you beating Quinton because he is dating Alexis and that is the girl that you wish was in your room right now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUINTON and ALEXIS have gone to QUINTON's place after leaving Pharoah's together.

ALEXIS - Wow, at first I thought it was a good idea to get out and go to Pharoah's. Just to get Candace out of the house. But never did I imagine things would go down the way that they did!

QUINTON - I am just as surprised as you! Who would have thought that Jerrell was lying about being an Alpha?

ALEXIS - And who would have thought that Candace of all people would catch him out there like that?

QUINTON - Yeah that was crazy.

(QUINTON opens his door and lets ALEXIS in.)

ALEXIS - I just can't believe Jerrell got as far as he did. How does someone pretend to be an Alpha and get as far as he did?

QUINTON - There are several ways. But people nowadays that want to pretend can find out as many of the frat secrets they want I guess.

ALEXIS - Wow, that is crazy.

QUINTON - Yeah. There are probably so many secrets out that it doesn't make any sense.

(silence)

QUINTON - And what kills me is that I lost the election because of that nigga Jerrell.

(silence)

QUINTON - Baby, you still with me?

ALEXIS - Uh...yeah.

QUINTON - Yeah, I was saying that I lost the election because of Jerrell. He cast the deciding vote and it was for Bobby.

ALEXIS - Yeah...Bobby huh?

QUINTON - Oh Alexis, I am sorry. Did you not want me to mention his name?

ALEXIS - It's just that...

QUINTON - What baby?

(silence)

ALEXIS - Well...no. Let me not mention that.

QUINTON - Mention what?

ALEXIS - Nothing.

QUINTON - Well you brought it up now. What is the deal with Bobby?

ALEXIS - Nothing baby. I shouldn't have brought it up.

QUINTON - But you did. Is there something that you are not telling me?

ALEXIS - Let's change the subject okay?

QUINTON - Fine.

(QUINTON has an attitude.)

QUINTON - Do you think the Lakers will sweep the NBA finals?

ALEXIS - Of course they will.

(silence)

ALEXIS - Baby, are you mad?

QUINTON - No but I have an attitude. I can't lie. Bobby is my chapter brother, he was my big brother. He is my chapter president. I know you used to date him but he is my frat brother too. You got quiet when I was talking about how Jerrell got as far as he did and it sounded like it had something to do with Bobby.

(ALEXIS sits down.)

ALEXIS - I am so sorry baby. I am so sorry.

QUINTON - Sorry for what?

ALEXIS - Sorry that you lost...and sorry that...

(silence)

ALEXIS - I am sorry that I dated Bobby's ass in the first place.

QUINTON - Why? What are you talking about?

ALEXIS - Well you mentioned that people can find out secrets if they want to. Well sometimes people tell secrets too.

QUINTON - What do you mean?

ALEXIS - Well...Bobby told me a lot of secrets about Alpha. Things that I probably shouldn't know.

(silence)

QUINTON - Like what?

No comments: